Bought used DM 4800 but says “no cable”

Kris Stangeland

Gear owned
DM 4800
I bought a used DM 4800 for cheap so I’m not surprised there are issues with it. The console says “no cable” even though I do have a FireWire cable connected.

I was told this likely means I need a new FireWire card.

Should I go ahead and order another FireWire card or do you have any advice for me first?

@Kris Stangeland Hello Kris. Welcome aboard! Do you mean a new Fire Wire card at the PC end or the console?

I’m assuming I need a new tascam if-fw/dm but I’m all ears for suggestions. My computer is a iMac running Mojave.

@Kris Stangeland I do not mean to state the obvious but you do know how pricey a replacement Fire Wire expansion card can be! So, perhaps you should put that off for the time being. What I like to do is explore other avenues such as: Replacing and / or bypassing your existing Fire Wire card (PC/MAC). Verify that your FW drivers are up to date. Use another PC/MAC entirely.

By the way, you haven't indicated the firware versions of either console or FW expansion card.

Thank you for the advice! I will double check everything you mentioned to be sure. The driver version is 1.30f10 (I've attached a screenshot)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 8.12.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 8.12.46 PM.png
    37.2 KB · Views: 11
Also to add to the issue, on the console it says "No Card". I relocated it from slot one to slot three and still it does not pick it up...

New threads

Members online

No members online now.