cmaffia

Staff member
From
Queens, New York
Website
cmaffia.wix.com
Gear owned
2 x DM3200, DA-3000
Welp I pulled the trigger finally after many years and purchased another DM3200. I'd like to cascade them and wondered if any other fellow users have done the same. What's the recommended setup? I haven't checked yet but I'm hoping there's some documentation on this in the manual? I know I need to upgrade both units with the latest beta firmware which I believe is in FTP site here.

Wow, congrats indeed! I believe the cascade cable is not available anymore, but that's about all I know about cascading DMs..

Wow, congrats indeed! I believe the cascade cable is not available anymore, but that's about all I know about cascading DMs..
I have the cascade cable. I will setup this weekend hopefully. I have again another issue with the desk and the MU1000's. I might have to forfeit using the MU-1000's because of not enough clearance from tier 2 on the desk (computer monitors).

That would be a shame, you only just got the MU1000! BTW, I decided against one altogether because of the displays I use and where I want them.

It would require a whole redesign of the desk. I may just end up storing it as a spare or maybe create a secondary recording room altogether. There is also the chance that it may only be temporarily in my inventory but would like to use it nonetheless.

Last edited:
Hi cmaffia, congrats with your 2nd mixer, and for finally getting the system up running.
As you surely remember, i have been messing around with my two dm3200 as well.
Running MAC OS and Logic, i found it straight forward to set up the remote layer to work 32 channels, but i haven't tried Cubase , but if i ever get that ideer, i will return to the forum for tips.
As said, i have been messing around with my system for a while with some strange sync problems, and i finally have come to the conclusion that it must be my cascade cable. I made it myself, and everything beside clocking works perfect, so i guess the problem is the quality :(
How did you get your hands on a cascade cable ?

Several years ago when they announced they were discontinuing the cable, I sought one out from Tascam thinking if one day I ever purchased a second Dm3200 getting one will be a real problem.

What kind of clock problems are you having? You could always send the schematics to a professional cable company and they could make you one I'm sure

I actually had pro Audio LA to to give it a try, but they gave up, and i tried some other compagnies with no luck.
If anybody knows someone who CAN make a cable, i would like to hear about it.

The problem is that i am getting like an overloaded signal at 8 channels at a time when moving up a faders in that group. I can move the problem from 1-8 to 9-16 by swapping the adat cable from ex. slot one to the build in adat on the mixer, and i can move the problem from one mixer to the other by changing master/slave. If i turn of the Cascade, the problem disapears, but offcourse i then have to make a mix of the outputs on my patchfield to listen to all channels

I actually had pro Audio LA to to give it a try, but they gave up, and i tried some other compagnies with no luck.
If anybody knows someone who CAN make a cable, i would like to hear about it.

The problem is that i am getting like an overloaded signal at 8 channels at a time when moving up a faders in that group. I can move the problem from 1-8 to 9-16 by swapping the adat cable from ex. slot one to the build in adat on the mixer, and i can move the problem from one mixer to the other by changing master/slave. If i turn of the Cascade, the problem disapears, but offcourse i then have to make a mix of the outputs on my patchfield to listen to all channels
That seems crazy that a professional cable company can't create a 25 pin cable!!
I'm going to find you one. Give me a few days.

Last edited:
Reactions: Olietyven
Waiting on quote for a company here who makes. Quote based on exact Tascam spec with cable length being 110 cm. Will let you know price and contact info once confirmed.

Ok I am waiting for one more quote but one manufacturer already quoted 89.99 per cable
and could have it ready in a couple of days.

I guess that is the same Price Pro Audio LA wanted, so no problem here. Just want the best cable i can get. :)

I may get a spare too. Hey... can you cascade more than 2 DM3200/DM4800's?

Cool, no that is not posible due to the fact that there is only one connection on each. I dont think the dm3200 will accept the Cascade Card made for dm24, and btw the cable and format is different

Duh! why didn't I realize that.

How many inputs do you need ? I think though, that it is possible to set up a third dm3200 as a controller like two more extenders in remote mode. I just got my hands on a broken Mackie mcu pro and made it work. When i get my mixers back in the desk, i will try just for fun to se if it will work he he

New threads

Members online

No members online now.