Conexion analogue compressor

jaimes123

Gear owned
dm 3200
hello, someone can teach me how to connect an analogue compressor in the dm tascam in 3200
I do not know how to do it
i have an IF-FW_DMMK II
... thanks.

JAIMES

Last edited:
Are you trying to compress a specific channel, or the whole stereo mix?

I was able to do this two nights ago by using one of the virtual inserts.

1. Go to the "Routing" page > then click on the "insert" tab.
2. Select "ASN Return" in the SR Target section. This will allow you to choose the ASN send 1 and ASN return 1 physical outputs - creating an insert loop.
3. Select the channel the audio is located on in the far left column.
4. Then grab the "ASN SEND 1" (there are four on the DM3200) from the back of the DM and patch it into the compressor's input.
5. Next take the output of your compressor and patch that into the "ASN Return 1. "
6. Game set, match! Easy peasy. Good luck! :)

Routing - Inserts - for using comps with the DM mixer.jpg

Oh and if you are trying to compress the entire mix buss then just take the main outs and patch them directly into the compressor > then route the output of that compressor into your DAW however you please. You could bring the compressor output back in on channels or record to another 2trk recording device or another PC if you have one. If you bring the compressed mix back in on channels make sure that channel is NOT assigned to the stereo buss. I'd probably mute the channel also just to make sure.

And, not unimportantly, if you want to compress a channel before AD-conversion, use the individual channel inserts. Use a stereo jack: tip is Send, ring is Return and sleeve is common Ground.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.