DM 3200 & Pro Tools 10

That's because with this setup you would have to monitor through the PT mixer (latency). To me, the way you have things routed now would be for mixdown. Your inputs now are monitoring PT recorded tracks through the FireWire card, not your M/L input. You could make INP all M/L like you had before for tracking and make all the RTN your Slot-1 assignments. With M/L as your inputs you can monitor your sources with zero latency through the mixer. When you're ready to mix hit Source Invert to flip your inputs from M/L to Slot-1. At least that's how I have it setup for when I want to mix using the DM. I usually use the DM to track and as a control surface for the Cubase mixer using the Remote Layer. I'm not saying this is the only way but it's the way I do it. When my intention is to use the DM to mix, I use a tracking and mixing template. When using the tracking template, I monitor DAW playback on slot-1 31 and Slot-32. When I flip to my mixing template, I mute the Stereo buss in my Cubase mixer, route all stems through the DM mixer via Slot-1 and mixdown to my Mastering deck (DA-3000).

Last edited:
when it's not armed I hear nothing from the mic

CMaffia's approach addresses that problem using the channel invert method. Another way is to split your input source into two pathways - one described previously - input/bypass signal directly to DAW; another - to a separate DM channel module for MONITORING the performance without latency.

CaptDan

That's because with this setup you would have to monitor through the PT mixer (latency). To me, the way you have things routed now would be for mixdown. Your inputs now are monitoring PT recorded tracks through the FireWire card, not your M/L input. You could make INP all M/L like you had before for tracking and make all the RTN your Slot-1 assignments. With M/L as your inputs you can monitor your sources with zero latency through the mixer. When you're ready to mix hit Source Invert to flip your inputs from M/L to Slot-1. At least that's how I have it setup for when I want to mix using the DM. I usually use the DM to track and as a control surface for the Cubase mixer using the Remote Layer. I'm not saying this is the only way but it's the way I do it. When my intention is to use the DM to mix, I use a tracking and mixing template. When using the tracking template, I monitor DAW playback on slot-1 31 and Slot-32. When I flip to my mixing template, I mute the Stereo buss in my Cubase mixer, route all stems through the DM mixer via Slot-1 and mixdown to my Mastering deck (DA-3000).

CMaffia after reading your post this is exactly what I'm trying to accomplish. My original post started with me having trouble with templates so from there I had to roll to Legacy drivers - which are all good now. If at all possible can you send me some DM screen shots because I want to use the DM to track and control surface for PT10 via the remote layer and that is currently working fine.

I kinda gave you all the info you need. My routes wouldn't make sense as I have an analog card which has my external preamps. You need to configure your PT to work in Remote Layer.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.