DM 3200 & Pro Tools 10

Alright. I did that except when I scroll down to 17-24 and jog the wheel, it's only giving me either ml1-8 or ml 9-16.

Remember. This is a dm3200.

Sorry about that. I did edit my previous post, but still thought you were on a 4800. I'm using a 3200 as well. Reread my longer post.

Dude!!!!!! It's working. I'm running around the studio jumping up and down like a little damn kid!!!! If I could see ya I would hug ya. Thanks to you and CaptDan. Now how the hell do I save it?

Geez - I helped too!

Anyway, AUX's are really better for this, but glad you got it working.

Ha ha Ha hahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It will save to internal memory when you shut down. Glad I/We could help. Input Bypass is a beautiful thing!

jamsire said:
Geez - I helped too!

Crap!! Sorry man. But I do thank you as well. I truly appreciate your help. I wanna learn as much as i can so can you tell me why aux 's would be better

I wouldn't mind seeing this mapped out as well.

Ahhhh hell. So I just recorded a track on track 1. Plugged into line 2 and I see a level in the meter in pro tools but no sound coming out.

Don't sweat it.
Make sure PTs master buss output is assigned to your IF-FW 1 and 2. And, make sure your faders on the 3200, 17 and 18, are pushed up to unity.

Yep. That is how I have it.

do you have the meter bridge and is it showing levels on 17 and 18?

I do not have the meterbridge.

Make sure the "Stereo" button is lit when you touch Ch. 17 & 18.

OK, open Tascam TMCompanion. It has a meter bridge built into it. Do you have setup with a usb cable?

I was getting there...just wanted to see if he was getting signal back to the dm first

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going away. Good luck.

Yes there is a signal on that meter bridge

OK. first, make sure CHs 17 and 18 are paired. (Find the SEL buttons above each channel fader and press them both at the same time. then, look at the display. answer Yes by hitting enter.)
disregard this if you already have this done.

Now, hit one of the SEL buttons again so that they light up green, then find the STEREO button up next and to the left of the display. Push it so that it lights up as well. Next, look to the right of the board and find another button that says STEREO next to the SOLO knob. Push it so that it also lights up. Move up your main stereo fader and turn up your CR knob.

Everything is still lit up. But still not getting a sound out of line two on the mixer. Can see the fader light up in pro tools but sound

So you are getting sound out of Ch 17 on your DM? but not 18?
By "Line 2" do you mean M/L input 2?

I've got to get some sleep. I'll come back tomorrow...

Now when you are saying 17 and 18 you are talking about the slot returns correct? If so if you go back to my screenshots. That is what I have done so there is a stereo sound coming out of that.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.