Dp-24 SD undo function not working

bgood

Gear owned
DP-24SD
Hi. I just rec'd my 24SD and was working on recording some drum tracks. After a bad take I wanted to undo the record. Press undo, get a window with a list of operations to undo and an arrow over F4 but when I select the top operation "record" and press F4, nothing happens and the track take is unchanged. hmmm. Am I doing it wrong? Can't get any undo at all. I have the list set to 10 in my preference. The manual references and undo light that is supposed to blink but I don't see the light anywhere. thanks for any help. Bob.

OK - so I'm going to answer my own question just in case anyone else is having difficulty with this. I feel a bit stupid, I've figured out how to import/export/apply effects/edit tracks/marks/punch in etc...... but this was confusing to me for some reason.

Seems that the top highlighted action on the undo list (in multi-undo mode) is not really the one you need to select to undo on the first go around - it's the action below it. This may be a case of RTFM but according to my messing around with it, this is how it works.

Example:

* Record A
Record B
Record C

Selection on the first item in the list and pressing "undo" will not undo that item. It does nothing.

Record A
* Record B
Record C

This will undo Record A

This only seems to apply the first time you undo on that list. In other words if you undo, redo and Record A is back on the top of the list - then selecting it and pressing "undo" does act on the Record A operation and removes it. Hmmmm.

Cheers

Thanks for this. I mixed and mastered on my DP24SD for the first time yesterday, and I was interested in the answer for, well... tomorrow!

Matt B

New threads

Members online

No members online now.