DP-24SD importing files back into unit

Ted Aguilar

Gear owned
DP-24SD
The unit is not importing the WAV file back in. It reads "Cannot Import". It's WAV files. Any help?

The bit rate and depth of the song and the import file must match.

Reactions: -mjk-
Even if it’s the same files from the unit itself? With an addition wav file from another source. How do i check the bit and depth rate? Thanks for the reply

Even if it’s the same files from the unit itself

Yup. no matter the source, the files to be imported must match the resolution set at the creation of the song. So if you export at 24-bit 48 kHz, and you create a new song at 16-bit 44.1 kHz, even though the files come from the same machine, you cannot import them because they do not match.

Unfortunately, you cannot set the default resolution for song creation, and it always defaults to 16-bit, 44.1 kHz. So if you record at high-resolution you have to manually change that every time you create a song. That has given many users grief when importing tracks.

Reactions: Mark Richards
How do i check the bit and depth rate?

To check the bit depth and sample rate of the currently created/selected song on the DP go to the song list screen, select the song, and push the INFO button. You can also find this info in the "information" screen.

Finding this info for a random .wav file in windows is not so easy - I have found (although if it's a file that is at CD quality it will be 16/44.1). If you look around - you will find there are a couple of online utilities that will analyze a given file - and give that info.

Thanks everyone for the replies and info. This helps. I do t remember seeing all this in the manual. So used to working with an old school Tascam 424

Ted you can find out by loading the song into audacity if you just want to check the bit rate. Once loaded into Audacity at the bottom left it will show you what the rate is. You can also change it there. As stated previously the default is 16\44.1

Finding this info for a random .wav file in windows is not so easy - I have found (although if it's a file that is at CD quality it will be 16/44.1).
Unfortunately Windows stopped giving this information (sample rate and bitrate of wavs) in the file explorer. It now only shows bitrate.. Therefor I put this list on my desktop:

705 kpbs > Mono 16/44.4
768 kpbs > Mono 16/48
1058 kpbs > Mono 24/44.1
1152 kpbs > Mono 24/48

1411 kpbs > Stereo 16/44.4
1536 kpbs > Stereo 16/48
2116 kpbs > Stereo 24/44.1
2304 kpbs > Stereo 24/48

Wow, it's been a very long time since I right-clicked on an audio file and looked at the properties....

New threads

Members online