interface & recording

+1 on the Cubase recommendation. You get a bang for your buck. It comes with A LOT of quality plugins and Instrument VST's plus it's super easy to use.

Reactions: Comandantu Renegat
I also have some of the equipment you listed. Curious why you decided to buy 2 Pro VLA IIs? They are stereo, so you have 4 channels of compression. Was that intended? Also, are you currently happy with how it is all hooked up or are you having any routing problems?

i did have a analog mixer http://bayanbox.ir/view/5919692747534408797/75083901618542387480.jpg so one comp. whas one master and the other was on ch. 1 & 2 for the stereo mic ...

i dind't conect my external gear yeat ... i wanna lern and aply all the stuff that tascam was to offer then i will move to external gear like EQ, comp , pre amp, FX etc etc :)

+1 on the Cubase recommendation. You get a bang for your buck. It comes with A LOT of quality plugins and Instrument VST's plus it's super easy to use.

i like to play whit 2 DAW ... i know very well FL Studio ...i use it for production and sonar and cubase for recording multi channel ...

Hey Comandantu,

I think you'll find the DM will do nearly everything you want - give it a chance before you throw your money at other things - after a month or so I think you'll find that you want to upgrade your monitors before you get other outboard.

Why do you want the Motu MIDI express? Do you have a lot of MIDI instruments you need to connect? The DM already has MIDI I/O on the desk and on the Firewire card, it just doesn't provide power over the MIDI cable, so you need an external power supply for your keyboard.

I also suggest looking at Reaper for your DAW.
:)

i have akai renaissance , akai mpd 26 and impulse 61 and of course the tascam ... i plan to get more midi equipment :D

Fair enough - a MIDI hub can be handy.

For your monitors I was thinking more of high grade speakers for very detailed monitoring - but which ones suit you? That's a bigger conversation :). It's better for you to go and audition a range of them to select the ones you like.

Imo your M-Audios are fine to reference what your mixes sound like on the average home system - I wouldn't call the HS-80s an upgrade - perhaps they're more of a sidegrade to a "defacto standard" pair of monitors (and I wouldn't bother doing that).

For e.g. I have:
- a pair of Bose room-mates for home system reference
- a pair of Rokit 10-3s with matching 12" subs (2) as the main control room monitors
- a pair of Plessey midfields with tube amp as "audiophile hi-fi" reference

I'm sure the other members here have their own preferred monitoring option - there is no "right" answer - just what you prefer as a reference tool.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.