DM4800 / MU1000
Hello all,

Are these rotary PODS still available for purchase. Thank you. Peter
a>

Attachments

• Pan Knob.jpg
    Pan Knob.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 20
@Marvel That is hilarious because I sent a message to this very same vendor this morning. I was asking why he felt it necessary to charge a whopping $20.00 USD to send it to me in Canada. We are practically neighbors. Send it in an envelope along with your love letter to me. I don't mind

Well the shipping costs are ON TOP of this crazy price. So if I wanted a single knob, it would cost me $43.... I THINK more than one would still be only $20 shipping, but the ad on ebay is not entirely clear on that. :)
Did you ever get an answer (or a love letter)?

@Marvel No answer - No love letter - I am so crushed :cry:

Reactions: Marvel
I think with such prices you'd be better off finding replacement knobs at a general electronics (online) shop and replace all. Just measure the encoder shaft diameter - I'm pretty sure it has a standard size. Find a knob that fits and looks okay, order 16 or 24 at somewhere between $ 0.20 and $ 3 each: done. Somewhere like this: http://www.ehcknobs.com/

@Arjan P Aha! Great idea Arjan. Thank you

Reactions: Arjan P
I have a water damaged Dm4800 I bought for parts. I paid $200. Give me a reasonable offer and I will consider it. It will mean never getting the board fixed or up to speed, so not too low-ball.

Hello @Rockum It's been a while. I trust that you and the Family are doing well. Are you parting out the DM or is it the entire unit that you want to sell. Thank you. Peter

@Rocksum If you have read my original post you know that I would need that one missing pan pot. I realize that it is not a whole lot.

@TimV Thank you Tim. I see that the seller is charging $13.00 to ship the item.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-01 at 09.29.42.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-12-01 at 09.29.42.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 13
That's weird...this screen shot shows "free shipping" and no mention of any other fees. Do you folks in Canada have a different ebay site than we have in the states? How much does it really cost to drop an envelope in the mail to Montreal?

Too bad I wasn't heading to Montreal anytime soon...I'd order a couple and bring them to you. Do you ever get to NH at all?

upload_2018-12-1_11-6-56.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Peter Batah
@TimV Probably because I am located in Canada. Not surprised at all. In any case, I appreciate the fact that you provided the link.

@TimV So kind of you Tim. No, I rarely leave the city to be honest with you. Don't laugh, I hate driving long distances. The last time I was anywhere near the Canada / US border was in 2016 to pick up some adhesive laser printer labels that I had shipped to Kinek.

102 W. Service Rd, #7517957
Border Mail Depot - Kinek
Champlain, NY

Like a million other consumer products this item was not available for purchase in Canada. So sad!

Reactions: TimV
You're very welcome Peter...like I said, too bad I wasn't heading up there any time soon, I'd just pick up a couple and bring them with me.

I'm going to do a little homework on my side...the company I work for ships internationally everyday, from envelopes to huge truckloads of optical equipment. It can't possibly cost $13 to ship a small 30 gram package to Canada. The shipper is a very good friend of mine (A fellow bassist/musician). I'll PM you my findings next week.

@TimV. Thanks again Tim. Incredibly thoughtful of you. Like I mentioned in an earlier post. How much does it cost to send a letter over the border? A couple of bucks at the most? Strange!

Reactions: TimV
Well, I know how I would feel if I had to look at a piece of equipment everyday with a knob missing :). I tend to be pretty OCD about stuff like that.

New threads

Members online