Model 24 external effects

spectron29

Gear owned
model 24
hello I was wondering if anybody encountered this problem while hooking up a external effects processor. So I have it hooked up to the efx send and back to a stereo channel. All is good I can hear the effects. My problem is when I record a track the efx are missing off the channels in the final mix. I can hear it on the stereo mix on channels 23/24 but for instance some drums on channel 9 the effects are not there in the final recording only if I export to stereo mix. Am I doing something wrong? I tried with the internal effects too. I noticed this as I wanted to drag the files to my daw and the effects are not there.

Very strange, I do this very often. Sending a track to some rack effect and returning into another track. The fact that you are getting the audio on that track and not the effect means the audio is going through OK. I assume you can hear it when playing back from the MTR?

I can hear it on mtr playback yes. But when I go and drag the files to my daw the efx are not there. Just the raw file but I think because the mixer has no returns. I came across this answer on youtube.
"Only the master stereo recording captures the EQ and effects. All the other 22 tracks are post-preamp and post-comp. However, there's a trick to bounce an EQ'd track to another. Just pan the track full right (if mono), route it to the sub output, plug a cable from the L sub-output to the input of the track you want to bounce the track. Arm, record and done. Pretty old-school approach but the advantage here is that it's full digital."

Pretty old-school approach but the advantage here is that it's full digital."

If you're taking a send out with a cable and putting it into a line input, that's not "full digital" by any means. The audio is going from the digital world to analog and back to digital.

If you are using a aux send effect - reverb or delay - you need to record the returns on their own tracks. Won't magically appear on another track mixed in -it's not routed there, it's going to stereo.
If you want to print an individual track with effects it needs to be inserted on the individual channel, channels one and two have inserts, typically for a compressor but you could insert a tube eq or even a reverb and play with the wet dry settings.

- Will Miho

New threads

Members online