Moving up from a DM3200 to a DM4800, anything I need to change?

wm_b

Veteran
Gear owned
DM3200, DM4800 and DM24
I just bought a DM4800 and in a couple weeks after I do a live sound gig with it I'll be replacing my DM3200 with this console. I'm running windows 7/64 bit and the DM3200 works great. Do I need to do anything special? I'll be pulling the cards I have in the 3200 and putting them in the 4800 and from there all the connections with be the same.

I've been using the DM24, and 3200 for a long time so I'm very familiar with those consoles. This one looks pretty much the same except for some expanded capacity and the center control area.

Thanks for any insight!

I fired up the mixer and it's on firmware 1.62 so that needs updating. Looks like there's new firmware fir the firewire too. I suppose these both need updating as I've not updated anything with my system in quite awhile so I know the firewire card software is older.

Wm_b,
When I migrated to a 4800. I took a bunch of screen grabs of my settings on the 3200 so I knew at least what basics I wanted the 4800 to do. It's a bit manual but there's no other choice since the two differ in options and capacity and slot locations etc. It's not hard to do it this way however and once it's done it's done. BTW I'm running win7 64 bit (Pro Tools 11 native) via the IF/FW card. I also run a MacPro (PT HD) rig via TDIF. These 2 options also worked with the 3200 but again having more slots and their numbering is a diff between the two. It's also a fact that any option cards you have will migrate over physically and function as normal. Good luck and migration.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.