Need to send to EFF1/2 after the internal compressor

Fener

Hello,

Happy to joined (just now) this great community.

I'm evaluating to buy the DP24, this question is because i do not find a effects/bus routing schematic of this machine.

I know this machine has an input equalizer for each track as well as input dinamic effects.
I connect a mic to a DP24 input and i wish to use the compressor as input effect (after the input equalizer I think).

It is possible to send the output of the compressor to the Send EFF1/2 channels?

Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Marco.

I also seek clear steps to use EFF2, I understand from Tascam tech is that EFF1 and "INSERT EFFECT" is only for using the DP's guitar internal effects. But I want to know how to connect and what steps to use EFF2. My phone call with Tascam said it works the same way EFF1 but I still feel vague about the correct way to connect and use EFF2. For the Forum techs: Does any one know? And does it make sense to connect dbx 266xs Compressor/Gate to my DP24 using the EFF2. thanks

Any comments on the benefit assigning to the stereo bus vs Track 23/24 for using EFF2? Any advise on stereo bus vs track for getting the best out DP's capabilities?

Hello,

See the User Manual attached.
In the electric schematic at pag. 99, each input (A-H) goes to an Insert Effect (Dynamic) before anywhere else (see block on top). After the 3Band EQ it is pssible to forward the signal to the Send Bus (1 or 2 or both) without fgorward the signalk to the Track Assignment Block.
So, if I understood well, it should be possible to

1) Connect a Mic in Input (A for example)
2) Choice a Dynamic Insert Effect on this input (compressor or other)
3) Forward the Input A signal to the Send Bus (not to a track).
4) Take the signal from Effect Send Out1 (or 2) and forward it into an external effect.
5) Take the output of the external effect and send it to another input (B for example)
6) Assign the input B to a track this time (no send bus).

I'm pretty sure this is the way.
Your opinion?

Regards.
Marco.

Attachments

• e_dp-24sd_om_va.pdf
    4 MB · Views: 1
Thanks for your input, but I have heard of different ways to set a device(dbx266xs) to use the EFF2, one forum post stated a track assigned input for the device has to be set in record mode. Speaking with the Tascam tech he said setting record mode was not required assigned track for EPP2. I am just seeking to ensure I am maxing out my DP24 capabilities. Any info on the matter is greatly appreciated.

You can record the track with eq. Then afterwards send the track thru send effect 2 at level 127 (max) & master fx level 127 out to your dbx or compressor. Plug the out of the dbx or outboard effect into a new channel and record the track at appropriate signal level. Then delete previous track and keep only the new one.

I believe the bus sends under the track assignments are for recording something thru send effect during final mix down or bounce. I'm not sure as I don't use them and have not found enough information in the manual.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.