Neo to garageband

Coachouse

Gear owned
Tascam 2488neo
I am in the UK and I have had a 2488neo for some years but spent only little time with it, but now things are changing. It is great for recording into but I want to do more with the mixing etc. I tried Reaper a couple of years back but found it quite complex, and a recording mate has suggested Garageband as a good starting point for getting familiar with recording software. What gear do I need to get so I can move all the recorded tracks from neo to Mac for easier editing, fx and mixing? I would also like to do drum tracks on the Mac and bring those into the neo.

When I used Reaper, I could transfer the tracks of a song to the pc through a USB cable but couldn't save them in Reaper and had to rename them and transfer back to the neo. I was probably doing something wrong but the whole process was very laborious. I am not on a budget and eventually will upgrade to a better mixer with motorised faders because re-setting all the faders each time I work on a different song is a bore.

My knowledge of recording processes is, you may have guessed is limited so can we stick with the basics please.

Waiting to hear, thanks,

New threads

Members online

No members online now.