New firmware update available for dp24sd and dp32sd

That's great info Eric , any idea what the updates will be ?

Great stuff

The only thing the release notes state is: "Operation Stability has been improved". Whatever that means. I still have to do the update but I hope it addresses the noticeable hiss of some of the onboard guitar effects I reported earlier on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dunny
Thanks Eric i will have to check out and decide to update or not to update , that is the question!

Thanks Eric, well spotted. It's not on the European site yet - the dp32sd still says 1.03. Interesting there's been 2 recent updates for both machines (dp32sd has 1.04 & 1.05 according to the release note), both for the same Operational Stability reason. Will give it a try later.

In about an hour from now, I will be taking delivery of my newly acquired DP24SD, and I would like to find out if I can use it straight out of the box and without installing any of these new updates.

I am curious to learn whether or not I would be able to put my new DP24SD to normal use without bothering to download any of these new un-tested updates, for as long as I please. I tend to be wary of untested updates, and generally prefer to lived by that old saying that suggests never trying to "repair" anything that works fine in the first place.

Any thoughts on this predicament would be appreciated.

@ strat brat:

I am not the authority on this subject... but I would say that there are enough "glitch fixes" applied to the several firmware updates over the years that you are probably doing yourself a dis-service by not installing the latest.

It seems to me that you can always revert back if you choose to.

Reactions: Phil Tipping
Thanks for this reply David. I was under the impression that firmware updates would be irreversible, so I considered "leaving well enough alone"as a default option, after several initial attempts to download the update into my desktop computer didn't go well.

If it is possible to revert back to the existing firmware that came with the new machine, there won't be any cause for nail-biting if I go ahead with the firmware update, particularly since it is dated so recently - April 26th 2018. I'll give this another try, and then, if all else fails, I might actually consider reading the instructions, if I can find them ha ha.

Ok, I just did the firmware update. Sofar so good. Nothing suspicious nor surprising popping up. I guess it's behind the scene improvements.

Anyone else having issues with the DP-24 update? I can get to the screen that shows the "program update" with the current downloaded file, next step is to use jog dial to select firmware which does nothing. No update.

Followed every step. When I got to step 10, use jog dial, nothing happens, can't proceed with the update.

Did that and got error message. I did not unzip the downloaded file. I'll try that. Thanks for the help.

Aha...the update is in the zip file. You got to extract it first.

DP32SD and DP24 updated. Thank you Eric and Michael.

I'm really glad that they're still offering firmware updates for the discontinued DP-24/32.

Hi All,
I've just recently updated my dp-32sd recorder, and so far so good, ver.1.03 had a few querky thing happening like glitches while playing back tracks like the the time bar flashing a few times especialy during playback.

I use the highest settings for each track and that puts the machine into high gear work load, but also means that each track file is big! and takes more memory, plus the extra cpu load, so if the updates are for stability issues..... Well we shall see!, only time will tell.

Wish there was a better way or an easyer way to add or remove these damm markers!!

Live Long and Prosper.

I just updated. I went from V1.03 to V1.05. I'm looking at Tascam website>downloads for 32SD and I don't see a firmware upgrade for V1.04 although the release notes for V1.05 show maintenance items V1.04 - operation stability has been improved - same wordage for V1.05 so I'm guessing .04 & .05 are all inclusive in the .05 download.

Last edited:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.