New Mac OS Mojave

Tachoir

Gear owned
DM4800
Anyone brave enough to try Apple's new OS Mojave? Let me know.

I am not ready for that yet. Installed Mojave on my work MacBook and haven't had any problems yet. However this is a new - 2017 - MacBook, whereas my trusty old Mac Pro 2010 is running fine on High Sierra as it is.

Upgraded to Mojave yesterday, and have found no issues with my dm4800 and dm-fw/mkII

Reactions: Peter Batah
using tascam us 2x2 on Mojove and it is in and out of connection... sees device, won't record. need to check cables again but it was working fine before upgrade

Is there any news to report, either positive or negative from anyone using Mojave with an If-FW/DM mkii? I’m thinking of buying a used 2012 Mac Pro and would like to use the most modern OS.

There are some here who have installed Mojave and they are reporting no problems so far. I am using a Mac Pro 2010 and am still a bit scared to upgrade. Running High Sierra, so it should really be ok, the differences are less than between, say, El Capitan and Sierra. I am waiting for a few more positive reports, I guess. :)

Well, i have further upgraded to 10.14.2 , and still no issues. Why not take a full backup, then upgrade. If not working for you, then roll back the backup.

You are absolutely right of course. I do have full backups, every hour. :)
However: the time it would cost to roll back! This is my production machine.
But your report gives me further confidence I should go ahead one of these days.

Which makes me wonder: what Mac do you have? There are of course quite some differences between the older Mac Pro and more modern Macs.

I am running 10.14.2 on a 2010 Mac Pro (3.33ghz 12-core) and haven't had a single problem with any of my software. I don't own a DM anymore, but if I did I would guess that Mojave won't treat the drivers any differently than 10.13 did. Go ahead and upgrade.

My Mid 2010 Mac Pro 2.8 Quad Core stoped seeing the DM at OS 10.13.6. I'm currently running my studio on 10.12.6

Seems I'm out of luck (for now). Finally decided to do the upgrade. First off, I had to install a firmware upgrade. The subsequent installation of Mojave breaks off right after the first restart with a kernel panic. My guess is Mojave won't accept the SSD on my Angelwings NVMe controller as the target install disk.

Im after a DM4800 - I had one a few years back which worked well via FW into my MCPRO running 10.12. I now have a new MacBook Pro running Mojave.

I accept its risky trying to get audio into my Mojave MACBOOK via firewire interface - could I run audio out of the DM via ADAT into an ADAT audio interface (I seem to remember very flexible inout and out put routings on these desks).

If that works, would I have DAW control using Mackie protocol via the USB connection?

thanks for any advice...

Not sure about the ADAT stuff, but yes, remote control goes through the usb-port, which is also a midi interface.

an update to whom it may concern: I was finally able to update my Mac Pro to Mojave. This is not an Apple forum, so I'll keep it brief. There was a conflict with the SSD drives which were on a PCIe card and configured as RAID 0. I had to install from a usb thumb drive, and then it only worked after I did a clean install on another drive first.

And yes, the DM is working as expected with Mojave. :)

Seems that there are still a few folks on "classic" Mac Pro machines, like the 2010 / 2012 tower. (as has been stated, I do realize that this is not a Mac / Apple forum).

One of the HUGE benefits of these machines is the FOUR space drive bay.
In order to test ANY upgrade / update, it is SO easy to add in a blank hard drive, and then simply CLONE your original work drive over to the new one.
Then boot to the new drive & test drivers or OS updates / upgrades at will. PC users can do the same, just not as elegantly (I know, because I'm mainly a PC guy).

Hope this helps...

I pulled the trigger and updated my Mac to Mojave. I can play files but can not get signal into Logic Pro X. Anybody?

Hopefully you heeded common advice and only "upgraded" (really? Mo-heavy is an "upgrade"? ;-) ) using a cloned drive so that your main audio drive is still intact. (Oops, you said update, which I suppose it is, even if the update may not actually be an UPGRADE?)

I'm on Mavericks with Logic Pro X here, and see no reason to go further with my audio computer. That being said, I'm not sure about the Core Audio having changed in Mo-heavy.

My test machine has all of the various Mac OS flavors from Snow Leopard (still a solid, fast OS) up to Mojave, but I've yet to try Logic Pro X even on High Sierra here.

I'd check on your audio interface to make certain that you are using compatible drivers. That's where many issues have arisen & why only doing an upgrade to a cloned drive seems really prudent.

With Mac OS this is SO very easy, using the on-board Drive Utility to simply "Restore" your main drive to your intended clone. I guess it may help if you're using a dinosaur Mac Pro of the 2009, 2010, 2012 era, with the built in 4 drive bays!

AK

New threads

Members online

No members online now.