Suggestion for TASCAM Mixer Companion

Rockum

Veteran
From
Nashville, TN
Gear owned
DM4800, iffw
Doubt that the Mixer Companion software will be updated, but if they do...

When communication with the mixer is lost, the software post a modal dialog telling the user to quit even when the computer is able to reestablish communication with the mixer. For whatever reason, my mixer loses communication pretty frequently and it seems senseless to have to quit and restart when I can plainly see that communication has been reestablished and it's correctly displaying levels in the Mixer Companion meters.

You shouldn't be losing communication on a regular basis. Are you talking about the FireWire or USB connection, what OS are you using, and which firmware and driver versions?

In addition to answering Jim's questions, what sequence are you booting your DM/DAW in?
Are you starting the computer or the DM first? Try booting the DM first and the (PC/Mac) second in the sequence. Then - load TMCompanion until the opening/file menu appears.
Then close TMC and load the DAW.

If that doesn't change anything, reverse the boot sequence. If still no joy, there's something else going on.

CaptDan

This is the kind of problem that can happen if you exceed the total 5-Meter USB cable length spec. Try using a high quality shorter USB cable. USB hubs are not all equal especially non powered USB hubs. . If using one, try direct connection to the Computer.

I am using a longer USB cable, but not greater than spec. I am on an imac with x 10.6.8. For whatever reason, my PC did not see the mixer.

Okay. What driver and firmware? Have you tried a different cable? When you say "PC did not see the mixer," do you mean after you tried the Capt's suggestion?

Make sure all your devices have power management turned off.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.