Tascam DP-24SD AudioDepot problem with Windows 11

aldepi

From
Palermo, Sicily, Italy
Website
soundcloud.com
Gear owned
DP-24 SD
After updating to Windows 11, when I try to import a wav file via USB to the 24SD AudioDepot as I have already done dozens of times previously with Windows 10, it seems that everything goes ok, but after disconnecting USB, AudioDepot is completely empty! Nothing to import! Any idea what's happening? I solved the problem, upon suggestion, physically swapping the SD card out between the computer and the 24SD, and copying the audio file from a Windows 10 PC. Did anyone have the same problem?

but after disconnecting USB, AudioDepot is completely empty! Nothing to import!
I had a similar experience: with my 'old-guard' DP-32 (with MIDI) and a not-that-new iMac.
All other functions are totally compatible, no problems...BUT had the same experience as you described with AudioDepot. Some files - even though they "transferred" via USB when done at the computer - were NOT in A/Depot after.

I have NOT figured it our or resolved the problem...but I have a strong suspicion it has something to do with the files themselves, NOT the DP or the computer. For example, there's that 'thing' where the sample and bit-rates MUST be the same as the song you're importing into - you can't import tracks that are 16-bit and/or 44K into a loaded song that's 24-bit and/or 48K.

I didn't flock around with the files, nor did I create a song on the DP with different bit/sample settings, to prove my point...but I have a hunch that's why it happens...

Or it's possible that the ghost of rock stars past are haunting my equipment so I don't become the next Billy Squier.

Or it's possible that the ghost of rock stars past are haunting my equipment so I don't become the next Billy Squier.

Being from Boston qualifies me to say that you don't want to become Billy Squier anyway.

Being from Boston qualifies me to say that you don't want to become Billy Squier anyway
Hehee...that was the joke. My DP would rather I toil in bedroom-rockstar obscurity than that!!!:LOL:

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online

No members online now.