UH-7000 Driver Latency for mixing

my normal settting is 44.1 khz 24 bit. The on board fx section is off and latency is lowest latency. although spikes inthe cpu and crackles in audio. i deleted the drivers sveral times cleaned the regestry and reinstalled it, but the problem remains. when i open up an empty project the vst-performance's real time peak monitor spikes to 100% in an curios intervall. even when i only hear spotify while doing sth else it crackles. withthe cubase driver every thing is fine. but i need the zero-lateny fx section of the tscam to give vocalists a better feeling, so this is no option for me. :-(

The strange thing is: it all worked fine for a period of time and appeared suddenly without changin anything. but i dont wanna go back to a certain system point because firstly:im not shure if it makes a different and second i have to finish a mix and im afraid of losing some settings. i will finish th mix wit the cubase asio driver. but there will be sessions in future where i need the onboard tascam fx.

is there any tool that cleans up all asio mess?

Don't know about a tool to cleam up asio...

Some other ideas...

Do you have any other usb devices on the same usb bus that could be conflicting?

Did you disable all other sound devices (I.e. on motherboard)?

Maybe you could try a pci-e usb 2 card (assuming you want to spend the $$)...

I think you said that this worked before and then stopped...what happened in between?

Maybe try different usb drivers for the motherboard or rolling back the usb drivers in case they were updated without your knowing...

Any Windows updates installed after it workid and before it stopped working?

Kind if grasping at straws here. Wish I had more for you.

@sontom

Some things you could check:

(Some repeated info from others here...)

1) only have needed USB components connected (mouse, keyboard, UH-7000)
2) disable onboard soundcard at MB Bios
3) disable Window's USB "Selective Suspend" (lots of sources on the net to list steps if you haven't done this before) example - http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/147369-usb-selective-suspend-turn-off.html

4) In Device Manager, select "View Hidden Devices" on drop down. Delete all ghosts instances of past and current audio interface devices
5) Move UH-7000 to different USB port if possible (maybe try disconnecting UH-7000, reboot and reconnect USB.
6) For trouble shooting, you may want to uninstall the Tascam driver, reboot, and reinstall latest driver (1.02) Remember to not connect UH-7000 via USB until driver installation prompts user to connect.

That's all I can think to try right now... Good luck!

New threads

Members online