Uh Oh! SD Card issue

I know this is becoming a source of irritation for some

It's because you're not really listening to us, when we try to explain things like ignoring the zz files. Phil specifically asked you if the Audio Depot folder was empty before you began. Well, was it? He also told you how to export the files. Did you? I asked you what do you need the DAW for, for such a simple project? What's the answer? You are going on circles because of assumptions you're making. I'm pretty sure you were able to connect the mics and record audio.

If you put the contents of those song folders on Dropbox or Google Drive, I'll take a look at them. PM me with the link.

I'm going to make this as simple as I can for you. Forget about Audio Depot. Forget about zz.wav files.
  1. Load your 3GB song0002 in multitrack mode.
  2. At the 00 point press Mark/In buttons at same time.
  3. Press the Play button.
  4. When you reach the end of the last performance you recorded, press Stop button.
  5. At the end point of the last performance press Mark/Out buttons at same time.
  6. Press Mixdown button.
  7. Press Record button to create master song0002.wav file.
Follow this process exactly. If playback stops before the end of the last performance, then the balance of the performances are lost.

When recording of song0002.wav master file is done, you can copy the file to your computer and load song0002.wav into your DAW. Song0002.wav will be in the song0002 folder.

There are other, easier, ways to chop up your first (combined) set of performances besides loading into a DAW. TASCAM's Hi-Res Editor is the easiest way. I make reference to it in the Production Tips sticky.

Last edited:
Hey,
Thank! I only used my computer to peruse the folders and files when I got back and discovered my problem. I will follow the above instructions and hope for the best..

Thanks

Just letting you all know that the data/tracks have been recovered. Now it's my turn to recover. What a challenge this has been. Wow, and thank you again for your help.

New threads

Members online