Which tracks for stereo guitar

Martyn Benstead

Gear owned
Tascam dp24
Hi all. I’m new to the recording world, and have what is probably a simple question I’m sure someone can easily answer. I have a DP24 and am running my guitar signal from a Line 6 Pod. Here’s the question! As the Pod has stereo outs, do I run left into 1 track and right into another separate track. Or just 1 output into 1 track, mono? I’ve tried both ways and find that by inputting them both I can use the pan function on the mixer and it gives a better overall sound. Is this the best way to input my guitar tone? Thanks Martyn.

Hi Martyn. If that's the sound you like, then it's the best way ;)
You could use a stereo track instead of 2 mono's. It makes no difference to the sound, but a stereo track avoids the need for panning and makes it easier to deal with as all track operations such as fader and EQ operate on both left & right sides simultaneously. If you try and do this with 2 mono's, the stereo image will move as you adjust the controls.

Thanks a lot Phil. Thought it would be down to just a matter of preference than performance. Still learning the basics so appreciate the info. Great and informative YouTube videos by the way, helped me massively. Kind regards Martyn.

Reactions: Phil Tipping

New threads

Members online

No members online now.