32 vs 32sd

rbbr

Gear owned
Tascam 24 and ex008
I am looking at used units. Assuming that everything works on them, other than age, is there any reason I wouldn't want to go with an older unit? Is it the same recording engine? Thank you for advise or a point in the right direction. I would have thought this was asked a thousand times when the latest 32sd came out, but I'm not having luck.

I have the original and it works great. You may have to do some maintenance on it like spraying buttons and controls, but the maximum recording quality is 24b/48kHz just the same.

The older DP32 has MIDI allowing it to sync drummachines, sequencers, while the newer DP32Sd doesn’t have this.
The older DP32 also have a CD-R burner, which the newer doesn’t have.

Thanks for the replies. I've been having a hard time deciding between the model and dp line. If the dp had all the buttons and knobs of the model line I'd be set, I just like the manual control. With the virtual tracks and the assignable inputs I think I gotta go with the dp line. Does anyone find themselves coming close to using 32 tracks? I can see in a band recording everyone in stereo maybe.

New threads

Staff online

Members online