414 speed mod to play slower

RUSHS

Gear owned
Hi All,

Apologies if this has been discussed before - if so please can you link me to the threads as I have searched to no avail.

I am looking to mod my 414 to play slower than it currently does. I have circuit bent loads of things before but wanted to see if anyone had any experience with the 414.

Can you change the pot value to add more range?
Can you add another pot to starve the motor?
Is there any other way?
I have seen user 173's guide on the porta 02 - does this work on the 414?

I completely understand the risks involved in modding these things but I love doing it so looking for anyone with experience.

Any other cool mods welcome!

Thanks!!

ps, if I am in completely the wrong place let me know where to go, thanks

As an update I found this video of someone swapping the board on the motor for a PWM board. Does anyone know if this will work on a 414?

Too many people apply flashlight battery knowledge to more complex devices and you can NOT do that. The motors are designed to run at a certain RPM range. When you starve a motor to a point it will still try and keep the speed but at a lower point the servo will be lost and the motor will not work reliably again with low voltage. I have come across people that think you change a resistor and the motor speed will do what they want and is just about all cases they have been wrong. Running a motor slower than it design could cause it to stall and then current damage can be done to commutator and brushes. The fastest way to fix this is just get a regular cassette deck for 1 &7/8 IPS.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.