A big thank you to all on this forum!

Guitardaddy

Gear owned
DM3200 and Tascam 388
I bought a DM3200 on eBay complete with brand new screen, Mark Two Firewire card and an analogue in/out card. Great or so I thought at the time. It wasn't very intuitive to me coming from the usual analogue desk/24 track tape/digital interface experience but through this forum I eventually got the hang of it and even hooked up an Apogee Ensemble to it with Logic X and strangely enough had it communicating with everything else in the studio.

However recently I had been getting a System error message after about 30 minutes of use and finally the screen just showed vertical lines after powering it up.

Well I was ready to take it to the local recycling plant and wave goodbye to all digital mixing desks forever.

I couldn't be the battery causing the problems could it? I read through these forums looking for a solution and finally with thanks to cmaffia for posting how to change the battery in simple, easy to follow photos of disassembly and assembly, I finally got the DM3200 back to a semblance of useability.

The System error message was still there though. I re-installed the Firmware 1.70, the machine previously had 1.72 and viola......everything is back to working perfectly, so a big thanks again to all the smart cookies on here for sharing the wisdom of experience with these machines.

Of course Tascam doesn't let you know at the outset that a fair amount of computer knowledge and experience is required before actually making any music...........Fingers crossed, it's been on all day now and no glitches or error messages. Now where's that guitar?

New threads

Members online