Ableton Click track taking up a precious output on Model 12...... :(

Pablo859

Gear owned
Tascam Model 12
Im using the Model 12 as my usb interface with Ableton for live looping and everything is working great except the only way I can hear the Ableton click track is to send it to one of my precious precious outputs and I would love to send something else to that output for recording. How I'm currently monitoring is by sending Ableton's master to 9/10 and the click to 6, my headphones are plugged into the phones 1 and I'm soloing 9/10 and 6 only. 9/10 is also going to the master but is the only channel doing so, the others are just going to the multitrack recording. I would love to use channel six for another layer of my loops instead of just a stupid click track. So I'm trying to figure out how to send midi clock to ableton from the Model 12 so I can hear the click from the Tascam instead of sending the one from ableton but have it all synced up. I guess the kicker is that I don't want to do it in DAW control mode, I just wanna stay in PC mode because I much prefer using my APC40 as my controller.

The click is not assignable to the master output?

The Ableton click can absolutely be assigned to the master output but then the audience hears my click track. To avoid this I have to use one of the outputs coming from my daw for the click and I just solo that track along with the master track (9/10) for my headphone mix. Im hoping to use the tap tempo and click on the Tascam as the master clock and send that clock to Ableton in PC mode then be able to monitor the Tascam's click from headphone 1 (which I haven't been able to figure out) and then I don't have to use one of my daw outputs to hear Ableton's click in theory. Haven't been able to make it work that way though...

I noticed that click goes exclusively to MAIN output. If you can configure your output to SUB, you should be able to have Click on headphones without affecting your performance. Hope this can solve your problem

Edit: sorry, missed the point that you want Ableton click. But this way you could utilize board's click.

Edit 2: Ableton has Cue output that controls the click. You should be able to route it to master out.

Pick whatever suits your needs :D

New threads

Members online

No members online now.