Ableton, Model 24, volume, sync and lots of moaning

RICHARD TALBOT

From
Manchester UK
Gear owned
Tascam 24
Hi,

I recently bought a Model 24 to work as a aggregate device with my Focusrite Pro40. I've had a number of issues.

1) When it arrived I was surprised that the sig light on channel 2 constantly blinked even if there was nothing plugged in and all the gain, compressor and faders including master were fully pulled down. Mmmm not a good start.

2) I mainly use Ableton (10.1.14) The output signal from the 24 is so low, that if I record audio through it, the resulting clip on Ableton is low that it can barely be heard and is hardly visible in the clip view. I can try turning up the Master but if other channels at all, are at unity the i get unbearable amounts of hiss when it goes above -40. Above that I get horrible distortion and I worry about blowing my genelecs!

3) I can't connect my Model 24 to my DAW (Ableton) I scrolled down the menu settings as shown in this video on YouTube
(I know its for the Model 12, but I presume it should be the same for the 24?) However, I can't even find the DAW controller option, the rest of the list on my 24 seems identical to the video until I get to System when I can't scroll any further.

Any help would be really appreciated as I'm pulling my hair out and won't have any left soon!

I'm using a MAC Book Pro (Catalina 10.15.4) Ableton 10 (10.1.14) Logic Pro X (10.5) Model 24 Firmware 1.5 0082, Software version 1.20 0016

Model 16 & Model 24 does NOT have the "daw-controller" function. Only model 12 have that opportunity. So you will never find that in your model 24 menus.

Reactions: -mjk-
Bloody hell... I watched the video and thought that looks good but when I realised they did a bigger model I decided that was what I wanted. Now, I haven’t got a DAW controller and the audio is not working in a useable way so I’ve had to go back to my Focusrite.

@RICHARD TALBOT said:

The output signal from the 24 is so low, that if I record audio through it, the resulting clip on Ableton is low that it can barely be heard and is hardly visible in the clip view.

You have to use the gain trim pot on the 24 to get the signal level you need.

Reactions: Matthew Fogel

New threads

Members online