Basic routing issue, please help

Darryn

Veteran
Gear owned
dm3200
What I'm trying to do seems very simple, so I'm hoping someone can help.

im using a dm3200, with firewire slots, macbook pro.

My computer audio plays back on channels 17-18 (slot 1-2) . I want to be able to send that signal into a DD7 guitar pedal (mono) and back out into the desk and hear the effect in real time...

Ive never really got a hang of the routing despite reading the routing zen posts and the like.

I would also be willing to pay someone for online (skype or the like) lessons on basic operation of this desk. I really need to get a handle on it, but have never learnt well by reading. HMU

One thing is not clear to me: you say you have incoming signal that's apparently stereo (ch 17-18). But you want to go mono into the DD7.

But anyway, the priciple is the same. First, you need to make sure that AUX1-2 are sending to ASN SND1-2. For that, open the DM Output page. On the right side, select AUX (source select), then in the middle, select ASN SEND and then on the left connect the two. Now on the AUX1-2 page, select for channel 17-18 (both, or one of them) select the control(s) a nice level - start with 0 dB. Connect the DD7 mono input to ASN SEND 1 or 2 and the outputs to two normal mixer channel inputs. Voilá!

Reactions: -mjk- and Darryn
Oops, pure mistake on my part about the signal. Its a Mono signal coming through on channel 18 only and yes Fantastic! Thanks, it works great! :)

New threads

Members online

No members online now.