Bass Level Problem

robertgarven

Gear owned
Tascam DP-24SD
Friends,

We are recording demos on the DP-24 and trying to record bass guitar straight in. Whether using the compressor off or on, on record or playback, and also switching the guitar switch on the back, off and on, no matter what I tried we were getting a level on the meter even though the selected and assigned input was at 0? Any suggestions on what might cause this, or how to prevent it.

I even tried to turn down all the effects send, and master volumes on that channel.

Any suggestion would be appreciated!

Rob

Sorry, I do not understand what you're saying.
no matter what I tried we were getting a level on the meter even though the selected and assigned input was at 0?

I think you're trying to say you did not get any level on the meter.

Are you using input H?

Mjk ,

No we were getting high levels in “H” with
the input control on zero. No eq, no effects.

Rob

Reactions: -mjk-
See posts #27, #67 and #68 in the Production Tips Sticky pinned at the top of this forum.

Last edited:
Rob, you can't turn this down to zero. When the trim control is fully counter-clockwise, it will still let a signal through so it will appear on the meter if it's assigned. That's how it works.

To stop a signal coming through, don't arm it or don't assign it to a track (if it's the track level meter you are referring to).
If you're referring to the L/R meter, don't assign it to the stereo bus.
The tutorial videos may help, e.g. #3 at 7m50s

Last edited:
Thanks all,

That is crazy. We have been using this for 3 years and never knew that, all I am a drummer! I still think I am missing something here and will go read all those parts........ Rob

New threads

Members online

No members online now.