Cakewalk Sonar shut down by Gibson

Cakewalk is my first audio/midi sequencer, I loved It since It was born. I am very sorry that is vanished...but now we have very low cost software like Reaper that has the best cost/quality/features and the offer today is bigger than 10/15 years ago...

The X48 was such a thing. And it did not sell well.

I used one for a couple of live recording sessions, there's a reason it didn't sell well .. it didn't work all that well -- at least the one I was using.

It crashed multiple times, once hard (needed a full reset), thankfully that was just in testing and not during the actual recording. And honestly all I was using it for was multiple inputs via my DM24 (I was supposed to have a different interface but the store screwed up and rented it to someone else for when I had already reserved it). And I was not doing anything complex with it, I told them about it at the store I rented it from and they said that others had reported having problems with them too.

Buy a Tascam DP24SD :) or Reaper...is the best at the best price

Interesting. Thanks Bikerdude. The support for timeclock remote controll might be under the gun somewhere in the future... But there is life again. Hurray... They might even buy Tascam.

I somehow doubt that they would buy Tascam.
Hardware 'vs' software.
BandLab is software. I doubt they'd have any experience in manufacturing electronics.
But there is no doubt that at some point there will be a "yard sale" when Gibson starts liquidating. And Gibson's part of TEAC will probably be priced to sell along with everything except perhaps the core business of guitars.
They made some really bad decisions and borrowed a lot of money to finance them.

Reactions: cmaffia
Hopefully the support for remote controllers stays. Cause that may be an issue with this business model. We’ll see.

New threads

Members online