Can I record 16 tracks simultaneously with the US 16x08

You can. But inputs 11-16 need to be line level inputs, not microphones. Inputs 9-10 can be an instrument (electric guitar, bass, etc) or line in.

all 16 channels can record simultaneously into a DAW.

Reactions: Nachointhebox
Hey. Thank you for the reply.

Apologies for my ignorance.. ¿What's the difference between lines 9-10 and 11-16? And why can I plug a Guitar or bass to them only. I'm also curious with the fact that inputs 1-10 have Gain knob and the 11-16 have a switch (-10dBv, +4dBu)

Inputs 11-16 do not have a preamp. They just take whatever the line level is. You can turn those channels DOWN in the control panel on a computer. The switch on the back is just a small boost. So, you can use these inputs with the output of an electronic instrument like a synthesizer, or the output of an external preamp.

inputs 9-10 have a preamp suitable for a guitar pickup, but not enough gain for a mic.

inputs 1-8 have a full mic preamp.

Reactions: Nachointhebox
Can you use inputs 1-8 for drum machine and keybords midied up? My needs are about 14 inputs recorded simultaneously ... is this possible and what jack to cannon leads would I require to use the cannon inputs? Is this possible? cheers

New threads

Members online

No members online now.