Can't Find US-4x4 Mixing Drivers

wackorama103

Gear owned
US 4x4
I was having issues with my software mixer this morning so I decided to reinstall/update all the drivers and software to my US-4x4. After I did this I noticed something immediately. The mixing drivers were now nowhere to be found. Another issue is that input doesn't replay through the output so I can't hear the input to my audio interface anymore like I could before. Anyone know how to fix this issue?

my setting pannel no longer appeared with the start of windows after the driver updates. I had to install version 2.13 higher they created glitch problems. I solved updating the drivers of the USB3 port (where my us-4x4 is connected) and then installed the latest drivers. After months now everything is fine! Importantly, uninstall the old drivers, reboot and perform a clean installation of the Tascam drivers

@BBhouse okay I fixed one problem but I'm having another issue. Only 2 of the inputs from the mixing driver are recognized by my PC. So I can't hear playback from the other 2 inputs and they don't record. Only the first 2. I tried opening the properties of the device in the sound menu and changing the amount of channels being used by the device but I only get 2 options. I'm honestly perplexed by what I'm seeing and don't know why there wouldn't even be an option for 4 channels for a device that has 4 inputs and outputs. The default US-4x4 device in the sound menu has 4 channels but if I use that one I don't get to hear anything from it until after it's recorded and played back manually. I'm starting to seriously regret buying a TASCAM.

In the "Custom" tab of the Tascam Settings Panel (Not the Windows Sound Control Panel), you may need to raise the volume sliders and check the "Mic Monitor" & "Loopback" boxes.

If you want to hear both the input signal and the computer USB audio, you need to make sure the "Monitor Balance" knob on the hardware is turned to the halfway point. You may need to turn up the "Line Out 1-2" knob as well. In the Tascam Settings Panel, select the "Settings" tab. Make sure all of the boxes are checked to the right of "Audio Input ON", and select "Monitor Mix" for both "LINE OUT 1-2" & "LINE OUT 3-4".

In the "Settings" tab, if you only see options for "IN 1-2" in the "Direct Monitor" section, or lack any other channel 3 & 4 options in the "IO Settings", then you may have the drivers installed for the Tascam US-2x2 instead of the US-4x4. The Tascam Settings Panel V4.00 installer includes drivers for both the US-2x2 and US-4x4, so maybe there was an error during installation. If so, you'd need to uninstall The Tascam software and probably manually delete the leftover driver files from the "C:/Windows/System32/drivers" directory (For example, I have the US-16x08 and there's a leftover file titled "us-16x08.sys". In previous versions, there was also a file titled "Msft_Kernel_us-16x08_01011.Wdf"). WARNING, be careful not to delete anything other than the actual Tascam driver leftovers, because you could cause serious problems to your system otherwise. Just in case, check in Windows Device Manager for any more remnants as well.

Reboot, re-install the Tascam software/drivers, reboot again.

If it doesn't work after all that, I don't know what else it could be.

wackorama103 , could you maybe tell me how you fixed your first problem with the US-4x4? I have been having similar issues with my 4x4 across the past few weeks and it’s beyond me. Although they can be a bit flaky, the pre-February 2020 (2 series) drivers had been okay. As you probably did, I decided to move up to version 4. That’s where it ended! The mixing panel doesn’t recognize the 4x4 with “Firmware Ver:” empty and “Device:” displaying “No Device”. In Windows Control Panel Audio settings, the 4x4 mixer is being routed to an unused 3.5mm socket built-in to the back of my PC (which probably isn’t connected anyway). I have uninstalled and reinstalled heaps of times to no avail. For now I may need to buy an M-Audio Air 192|14 (which looks rather good) so I can keep working. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.