Can't install the IF-FW DM MK2 firmware

Spimps

Gear owned
DM-3200 IF-FW/DM MK2 WIN7
Hi everybody! I'm in big trouble:

I just upgrade my PC (the older one was broken) with a win7 64 OS +cubase 6 and I can't upgrade the firmware of the card...at the moment the problem is that i can't hear sound! with the old PC with XP everything was fine, a perfect machine but now I have the studio in mud!
I read tons of post in this forum but the fact is that i CAN'T find the firmware installer for windows!
Someone can tell me where i can find it? or simply send the installer to me? pleaseeeee I'm really desperate!

the firmware is ONLY for mac!!

Mmh, guess you're right. You did ask for the firmware installer though...
Anyway, I'm not near my studio now till saturday, otherwise I would have sent it. Maybe someone else knows or has a copy..

First off....inhale.......exhale......

OK.
  • What makes you think you need to upgrade your MKII firmware being that everything was fine under XP?
  • Are you sure this isn't a MKII FW driver issue? Which version of the Tascam driver are you currently using? You should be using version Beta F9 with Windows 7.
  • Also note that with Windows 7 on up it is REQUIRED that your 1394 OHCI devices is using the MS Legacy driver for smooth operation. If not, your FW card may not lock and therefore, no sound.

thanks for the reply.

the driver are fine with the legacy and I can notice that because the TMC see everything and cubase is fine with the remote controlls...but no sound passin by; the firmware version of the iffw card is 1.02
I tried also to upgrade it by a mac but no way, same thing: the installer on the official site doesn't work, can't see any device (and that's strange because the TMC also on the mac, can see the DM and the IFFW)! hope Arjan can send me the file!

Firstly, TMC and Cubase Transport control have nothing to do with the FW drivers, they have to do with the USB connection. The MKII has everything to do with the 1394 OHCI device its connected to.

Secondly, did you thoroughly check Tascam's website because what you need is there...
The Windows Firewire firmware v1.10 updater is included with the 1.10 firewire drivers.
http://tascam.com/content/downloads/products/223/IF-FW_DMmk2_V1.10.zip

Again, you really need to make sure that you are using the LEGACY 1394 OHCI driver and not the DEFAULT Windows 7 1394 OHCI driver.

1) Go to your Device manager
2) Expand the list of network adapters and find the 1394 FW adapter
3) Right click on it and select Properties.
4) Go to the Driver tab and click on "update driver"
5) Now click on "Browse my computer for driver software"
6) Choose "Let me pick from a list...."
7) Make sure "Show All Compatible hardware" is checked and click on the driver that has the word "Legacy" in it's name.
8) Click Next to install
9) Once installed, close all windows and restart.

Also you should be using the Beta F9 Tascam firewire driver for optimum performance in Windows 7.

Good luck

ok! thank you so much i'll try to install that one and the beta f9 driver!

I use legacy but i'll recheck ;)

hi all!

ok...inhale and exhale...

the drive are the legacy 1394 one...and I just update the tascam driver to the f9 version...but the firmware updater can't see the mk2...

why?

maybe i made something wrong? in the wrong order?!?!

sorry guys...and thank you!

You need to confirm your DM sees the Firewire card.
If so, then I suspect your issue is Windows 7. I could not update the DM firmware unless I ran it's updater on an old XP laptop. Try running the updater as Administrator. If that does not work, I suggest trying from XP. But again, first confirm your DM can see the Firewire card and also check the firewire connection from the MKII to your PC.

The DM say Locked on the lcd screen, so I suppose it's fine...

ok than...i'll try with xp...

We'll see! I wanna win this war!!!!

thanks again for the support

I'm not sure if it works, cause in the past I also reverted to XP for the firmware update, but it may work to run the updater from Win7 under 'XP compatibility mode' or somesuch. Right click on the exe file and you should see such options..

Arjan I tried what you suggested last spring when I updated both my DM3200's firmware to fix the cascade bug and could not get it to update under Windows 7. Try changing to XP compatibility mode first unless its simple enough to connect XP. I really think that's the problem.

Thanks for that...i'll try and let you know...

:( nothin to do...
Last chance...use a PC with XP...

crossing fingers :)

:( nothing to do ALSO with XP...I really don't know what I have to do know!

TASCAM where are you!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I tried in every mode...also with win2000 compatibility underXP...

But it show the blue screen and say error !

Any ideas??

What does the Tascam ASIO control panel say? Does it show connectivity to your FireWire card? Please post a screen shot. I'm thinking the problem is the connectivity to your DM and the PC's FireWire port.

In regards to your "where's Tascam" question, please note that this forum is not an official Tascam run forum although a few engineers, past and present, do participate from time to time.

the "where's tascam" it's just a joke, btw here in italy there's a ridiculous support (like many other things in this f** country)...

here is the picture, but on the DM lcd screen says Locked...maybe i need to chenage my firewire card on pc?
IMG_2386.jpg

Second thing, with the Xp pc it says locked but i cannot upgrade the firmware...

New threads

Members online

No members online now.