Can't install the IF-FW DM MK2 firmware

Well that's the problem right there! You're MKII card is not locked to the PC.

First off you're using an older version of the MKII Beta driver. For Windows 7 I said you should be using F9. You have F5 installed.

On second thought, looking back on the 1.10 release notes, maybe you should try following the instructions exactly as written. Install driver version 1.10 and then try upgrading the MKII firmware. If the firmware updates successfully, then upgrade to the MKII Beta F9 driver. If you can't get "locked" with the 1.10 driver, then install the F9 driver. In other words, the firmware upgrade can't happen until you see "locked" on the control panel.

If you can't get the MKII to lock at all, then your Firewire card in the PC may not be compatible with the MKII and you will need to try another (VIA or TI chip based).

Reactions: Arjan P
ok, you'r right! I've just installed the f9 and the response is the same...unlocked!
I'm gonna try the 1.10 and hope it works! thanks again!

If it doesn't lock with 1.10 then the problem is your PC's firewire card is not compatible with the MKII. Maybe even try another firewire cable just to rule out a bad cable being the problem.

Any updates?

i' have to wait untill tomorrow for the xp's pc... but fortunately tascam italy contact me and they say that, in case of unsuccessfully update, i'll have to send the card to them for make the upgrade...

uffffffffffffff

Last update:

Can't update the firmware also in xp with 1.10 driver, and the strange thing is that the control panel says locked...anyway now i have to send the mk2 card to tascam italy (finally they call me back) and they made the upgrade for me...

lost two weeks of works...

What is the card status on the DM screen?

What does this screen look like.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 28
HI guys! i really miss you :)

now i got news...bad news!

I sand my if card to the tascam centre and they upgrade the firmware for me, now I installed the card and the control panel still say unlocked!!!! the good news is that i don't have dropouts...
i tried all the driver possible (ohci, legacy and TI) with the legacy the tascam can't see the card on my pc

i really don't what i have to do... here two screen shot

systemw7.jpg

iffw.jpg

It appears that you've ruled out the MKII card from being faulty and problem lies somewhere in your PC. If they were able to do the firmware upgrade then the card works. Did you try another Firewire card? TI or VIA? Another computer altogether as I suggested before? If you haven't tried connecting to another firewire card yet then I'd try that first. I'm betting that's the problem. As a last ditch effort, I'd to start all over and do a factory reset on your DM3200 and see what happens.

Beyond that, I'm all out of suggestions.

yes i tried with another firewire (non ti or via) but of course give me a lot of dropouts and doasen't work...that one is a TI...maybe you're right: i have to reset the pc and reinstall everything than see what happen

thanks again...

What I said was factory reset the DM3200. Backup existing configuration first.
If that doesn't work, I'd try another PC. Could be your OS could also be the DM3200 doesn't like your Mobo... really out of advice after that.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.