timmdrumm

From
Kansas, USA
Website
www.timmbiery.com
Gear owned
DM 4800 DM 3200 MX2424s
Hello everyone,

I'm swapping out my DM 3200 for a DM 4800. Wondering if the project settings, templates, etc., I have saved from the 3200 on my CF card would work in the 4800. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Timm

Hey Timm, I'll take a stab at this.
Although it is possible that some similarities between the two consoles might translate, there are enough differences, such as greater I/O alone that could confuse the situation to the point of frustration on your part. My suggestion would be to start fresh and avoid any possibility of messing anything up. If you are deep enough into the DM3200 projects that you have mounds of DM based automation utilized, that would be difficult to replicate, I would finish those in place.

As for the templates, I think you may have to redo those on the DM4800 for the same reason, in that the configuration is different enough as to make a misread possible, creating more headaches.
Can't be 100 % positive on this, mind you, but when it comes to these consoles I prefer to err on the side of caution. Hopefully there is someone here with direct experience that can chime in and give you a precise answer.

Jack

Reactions: Peter Batah
Thanks, Jack.

That echoes what I thought, but when I look at the file structure on the card outlined in the owner's manuals it appears to be identical and that got me to thinking about the possibility. Oh well :)

Cheers!

I would be cautious, as advised above, but if you have the desks both at the same time I'd surely give it a try (that is, loading a 3200 file into the 4800).

And if I'm not mistaken, @Peter Batah has or used to have both a DM3200 and 4800. I'm sure he'll chime in with his experience..

@timmdrumm Hello and welcome to the community. FWIW, it has been a little while but I do seem to recall having difficulty loading the 3200 projects on to my 4800. Ultimately, the few saved projects that existed had to be recreated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arjan P
Thanks Arjan and Peter,

That's pretty much what I was thinking I would have to do, but it never hurts to ask!

And thanks for the welcome, Peter! Been here since 2012 and it's the first one I've had! :cool:

Reactions: Peter Batah

New threads

Members online

No members online now.