Clippetty crock

mossmunn

Gear owned
DP32 Portostudio
Hi, forum virgin here, got a problem,done 20 songs on dp 32 all in 16 bit 44.1 hz. Started doing new song in 24 bit 44.1 hz - after a few drum takes levels started clipping and a sharp spitting distortion noise (like 2 live wires touching )from the speakers. Tried again on new sd card - same problem. Also on old card, all 20 songs started clipping as well - which was cured when i erased the one done in 24 bit. Help please? anyone?

Hi, are you running the latest firmware? There have been problems with 24 bit recording resulting in pops and clicks.

Reactions: mossmunn
Just been reading about it, thanks, so i tried to update and it said ERROR - Product. My desk is a 1.o4 and i'm trying to put in the 1.05 firmware. My maths ain't great but i presume thats right and i presume its unzipped as there's a little blue suitcase now instead of a zipper. As you can see, i'm a big noise in I.T. Cheers m@m

For the DP32 you need 1.05. On the Tascam support site it's downloadable in zip-format. After unzipping you'll get a file called DP32_043.105 which is to be used according to the instructions.
(I'm using a windows machine, might be different presented on a mac).

Thanks again, i might not have unzipped it so will try again tomorrow.

Got the new firmware now - a lot better, but it still pops when you use the editing functions after a while, just not as violent as it was before. It seems like Tascam have nullified the problem but not solved it. FYI never do one thousand takes on one song - it crashes the recorder. Wasted 6 weeks recording one song - rang tascam -they said it was probably the default setting.

Feel your pain, ensure you are using a 95mb read/write speed card. I have done a lot since the firmware upgrade. only a pop or 2 out 100 hours of work

New threads

Members online

No members online now.