Compressor lights on my Model 16 are dimly lit all the time

Discussion in 'Model 24/16/12' started by Curtis Lee Jr., Jul 23, 2021.

1. Curtis Lee Jr.

Curtis Lee Jr. New Member

Gear:
    Tascam model 16
    Channels 1, 3, 5, 7 are lit (slightly) all the time... just got this delivered today.. I have look at every possible cause and can't find one.... any suggestions
  2. Tony Friel

Tony Friel New Member

Gear:
    Model 12
    is this happening without anything connected to the inputs?
  3. Curtis Lee Jr.

Curtis Lee Jr. New Member

Gear:
    Tascam model 16
    Tony, yes it is... what really is strangest thing longer the unit is on other begin to have a soft glow also. And if I position the compressor pot in a different position the light will either soften or go out completely? It doest affect the sound but I'm not going to pay for a defective board either.. so I'm going to call Zzounds and see what to do... worst part about this whole situation is I'm quarantined with Covid 19 and everything I touch is a bioharzard at this point so I don't even know if they will take it back
  4. Tony Friel

Tony Friel New Member

Gear:
    Model 12
    This does sound like a fault to me. To be sure, turn-off and remove every cable from the Model12. Then connect only the power cable and turn-on. If you still have the problem then contact the retailer and I expect that they will arrange for a refund or replacement. This kind of thing is frustrating but it does happen occasionally. Good luck!
  5. Arjan P

Arjan P Veteran

Netherlands
    Gear:
    DM3200 IFFW
    It can also be that they seem to light up because of false light from underneath.. Is there a huge difference when you actually switch ON the particular function? Just thinking the unit may be OK, though it's not good to have doubts about these indications.

And I wouldn't worry too much about the Covid biohazard. If you pack the unit after cleaning it and washing your hands - plus the time it will be underway, I don't think any virus would still be alive.. And the receiving party also has a responsibility..
    Tony Friel and -mjk- like this.