Compressor lights on my Model 16 are dimly lit all the time

Curtis Lee Jr.

Gear owned
Tascam model 16
Channels 1, 3, 5, 7 are lit (slightly) all the time... just got this delivered today.. I have look at every possible cause and can't find one.... any suggestions

is this happening without anything connected to the inputs?

Tony, yes it is... what really is strangest thing longer the unit is on other begin to have a soft glow also. And if I position the compressor pot in a different position the light will either soften or go out completely? It doest affect the sound but I'm not going to pay for a defective board either.. so I'm going to call Zzounds and see what to do... worst part about this whole situation is I'm quarantined with Covid 19 and everything I touch is a bioharzard at this point so I don't even know if they will take it back

This does sound like a fault to me. To be sure, turn-off and remove every cable from the Model12. Then connect only the power cable and turn-on. If you still have the problem then contact the retailer and I expect that they will arrange for a refund or replacement. This kind of thing is frustrating but it does happen occasionally. Good luck!

It can also be that they seem to light up because of false light from underneath.. Is there a huge difference when you actually switch ON the particular function? Just thinking the unit may be OK, though it's not good to have doubts about these indications.

And I wouldn't worry too much about the Covid biohazard. If you pack the unit after cleaning it and washing your hands - plus the time it will be underway, I don't think any virus would still be alive.. And the receiving party also has a responsibility..

New threads

Members online