Computer will not recognize Tascam US-16X08

Discussion in 'USB PC Audio Interfaces and Control Surfaces' started by Max Rottenberk, May 21, 2020 at 10:32 PM.

1. Max Rottenberk

Max Rottenberk New Member

Gear:
    Tascam US-16X08
    I just bought a used Tascam US-16x08 interface. I downloaded the software the goes along with it and it wont recognize the interface when its plugged in through the USB. The download said it included the drivers but it seems like it was the only the 16x08 software. I also downloaded the firmware it told me to download but when I run that it says " The supported device is not connected" So this has me thinking my entire computer just wont recognize the interface at all. Did I just buy a broken interface? It said it was working and in good condition. I'm using windows and use pro tools.
    Someone help.
  2. -mjk-

-mjk- Moderator Staff Member

Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
    Gear:
    DP-32, | 2A Mixer, A3440
    If you're not sure the drivers are installed, that's where you need to start troubleshooting.
  3. Max Rottenberk

Gear:
    Tascam US-16X08
    How do I make sure the drivers are installed? Probably a dumb question, sorry.
    -mjk- likes this.
  4. -mjk-

Gear:
    DP-32, | 2A Mixer, A3440
    No, that's not dumb at all! In the Windows device manager there is an option to update the driver. I usually start there, but often go looking for it on the manufacturer's site and I make sure to install the driver directly if it's available.

Finally, don't forget to reboot (I have, a number of times....). Sometimes, rebooting with the device unplugged, and then plugging it in after the machine finishes loading all apps and drivers will allow Windows to configure the new device.

Lastly, you an always use the device manager to delete the device and start over.

This stuff isn't always as easy as it would appear. In my case, I had to disable power management on all of my USB devices because after some idle time, they would stop functioning properly.
    Last edited: May 23, 2020 at 10:14 PM
  5. Max Rottenberk

Gear:
    Tascam US-16X08
    All I did just now was unplug the device from usb, then reboot it and let it sit for a minute before plugging it back in, and then it worked! Thank you for your help!
    -mjk- likes this.
  6. -mjk-

Gear:
    DP-32, | 2A Mixer, A3440
    Fantastic! Time to make some music!