Cubase 10 midi fader control DM3200 Mac

Vignale

From
Holland
Gear owned
DM3200 MU1000 IF-FWDMmkII
Hello DM users!

Guess this is a small problem, but can't find it in the topics:

I'm on a Mac 3.1 recently patched to High Sierra: the automation faders in Cubase 9.5 work fine, but when I switch to Cubase 10 the automated faders are lost and don't work.
I can see a midi signal is coming in when I touch the faders, but they don't react on the Cubase mixer faders.

I've copied all Project sync setup settings from 9.5 to 10 in Cubase, but no results.
Really appreciate if someone can help me out here!

A big thanks in advance,

Chris.

@Vignale Hello Chris. First off, Happy Holidays. My apologies, but I do have to ask the obvious questions: Do the 2 Mackie Controls still exist in Cubase under Devices / Device Setup. Are they still mapped to the correct USB ports (5+6). I would assume that nothing has changed at the DM MACHINE CTRL + EXT. CTRL section either?

Hi Peter, thanks! Happy Hollidays to you too!
I’ll check that later, but guess that nothing has changed (when I switch back to 9.5, it works there)
I’ll report later....
So can you confirm that automation should work on high Sierra and Cubase 10?
Tnx for chiming in ;-)

@Vignale I cannot see why automation would not work with that combination. I can confirm however that it did for me with Cubase 10 Essentials and Windows. For the time being I am using Logic Pro X on Sierra. No issues to report.

Solved! Thanks Peter; I checked the Mackie controls; they were not there! so I mounted them again and works normally like before.
Last time I checked that, I made the same connections in Device setup as in 9.5 and the Mackie control was there! I probably didn't hit "apply" so it didn't show up.
Here's a happy DM user again! ;-)

Reactions: Peter Batah
Another question: why I never saw "Tascam DM3200 port 5 and port 6 in Mackie control in Cubase? (see attachment) (only Tascam DM3200 DM remote port 1 and 2) since I use the DM for a decade now......
But I have more options there:

DM3200 control port
DM 3200 midi port
DM 3200 MTC port
DM 3200 Program change port
Dm 3200 Remote Port 1
DM3200 Remote Port 2
Tascam IF-FW/DM MKll Midi Port

On the DM EXT. CTRL (Remote page) I can see it's routed to port 5-6!
So it works when I opt for port 1 and 2 in Cubase, but I never saw port 5 and 6; just wondering

Attachments

• Mackie control.png
    Mackie control.png
    87.3 KB · Views: 8
@Vignale My question is: Have you always been using a Mac. I could be wrong but I believe that Windows and Mac label the ports differently. I would have to check. It may have been mentioned in the documentation somwehere

Ah, thanks; that could be the case, since I always had Mac’s
I’ll check that in the manual, tho for us not English speaking people it can be a very tiring thing to be busy with that, on top of the steep learning curve of the DM’s
So this forum is a big help for us!
Thanks again!

Reactions: Peter Batah

New threads

Members online