Cubase 7

Gregdx7

Gear owned
DM-4800 Cubase Hammond C3
Any thoughts about the Cubase 7 update? It looks pretty good to me so far. I hope it interfaces with my DM-4800 seamlessly. I like the control strip setup in the new mixer with compressors, etc. ready to go on each channel. VariAudio 2 looks interesting with multiple tracks open for editing simulaneously.

Well ... C7 should interact with your DM just like your older version of Cubase.

New Cubase mixer? I find it's mostly eye-candy ... not much for us who are having our real mixing consoles.

There's nothing in C7 for me, which were not in C6 already (against my C4 + Waves Gold + Melodyne combination). But unfortunately I may have to upgrade, because C7 may be the last Cubase, which I can upgrade without buying a whole license.

Hi Jarno,
Good to see you here as a moderator! You have been a great resource on the Cubase forum and much appreciated!

Headroom said:
C4 works fine for me...

Hahaha. I agree, though I love the 64 Bit version of Cubase 6 that I have been using lately.

Jarno said:
I may have to upgrade, because C7 may be the last Cubase, which I can upgrade without buying a whole license.
Jarno, you possibly picked this up on steinberg.net, but if you go C4 > C6.5 now, you save money going to C7 due to the free grace period update. Going from C4 > C7 will be €249, and C4 > C6.5 is €199..

New threads

Members online