DAW for older Macs

AjMa

Gear owned
Model 12
Hello everyone,

Just bought a Model 12. Had cassette based portastudios many years ago and was intrigued by the Model 12’s approach to old style in terms of interface married to the option to integrate with modern DAWs (and middle-aged MIDI). Using it in the manner of an old portastudio, it’s pretty straightforward and intuitive. At some point, I’d like to try and use it with a DAW, even if it’s just to learn something new. An herein lies my dilemma. I’ve had my Mac Pro for years, and despite it being 9 years old, it is very reliable and I’m keen to keep it going as long as possible. It can only run High Sierra though, and all the DAWs listed in the Tascam manual need OSX 10.14 or later. I wonder if there are any alternatives to the mainstream products; something simple and will run on my Mac. Thanks, Andy

Not exactly a DAW, but Audacity (freeware) is a great digital multitrack tape recorder. It will run on your older Mac.

That’s a good shout, I’ve used Audacity before for digitising some old cassette tapes. Thanks mate

New threads

Members online