DI Box

Reactions: -mjk-
@Peter Batah Ahhh.... if you had one with a line output you could use that for your guitar source. Believe it or not, I don't own a DI box because I use line level for everything except mics.

Peter, I use the JDI Passive on both guitar and bass, because it is quiet and it has something most pedals and the DM inputs do not have, a ground lift. No issues with signal level at all. Very versatile box.

@BazzBass Which one are you sing for guitar and bass. Or, are you using both the passive and active models for that purpose

it doesn't matter which one I use, they both do a great job. For my passive basses, I like the J48 coz it does such a good job. On acoustic guitar I use the JDI and am happy with the results.

Reactions: BazzBass
@Peter Batah you are most welcome

In theory, you should use an active DI with passive basses and guitars, and use passive DIs for guitars and basses with active electronics, but you can use either or, most times.
TIP : I would start out buying a cheap passive DI for under $50, most times it will suffice, if not, that's when you spend a bit more. You would be surprised how often a cheap DI will do a serviceable job,admittedly more likely in a live setting.

@BazzBass Thanks again for providing me with this valuable information. I really do appreciate it.

I finally went with the Radial ProDI Passive DI. I think that this will be all that I need to get me going. Have a safe and wonderful day / evening. Peter

New threads

Members online