Difference between stereo bounce and stereo master track

smg1

Gear owned
DP008ex
I was just looking at the DP-OO8 ex manual and happened to see the section that describes the different bounce approaches in terms of-

a mono bounce where you use one track as the destination track and

- the stereo bounce using 2 tracks....

Up to now I have done some bouncing only to combine material on one track and focus instead on making the stereo master track in terms of setting up a stereo track mix w/each track panned individually/diff volume level etc...

Now I'm wondering about making a stereo bounce mix and what the difference is...

It seems to me that,unlike the result you get when you copy the SMT back to two tracks in multitrack mode(each track has a different mix of the source tracks),the bounce mix has whichever source track you pan R/L on the corresponding track only...

Although it seems like using different source track vol levels would contribute to the overall stereo field effect,I'm wondering how much the specific pan position of the source track translates to the bounce stereo result.or does this just act as another way of setting the amount of each track going to it's corresponding R/L destination track...?

Appreciate any feedback from people who've messed around w/this...

Last edited:
smg1, stereo is stereo, 2 tracks, no matter if it's the master file or a stereo track. Bounce to a stereo track and pan the sources. That's how it will play back.

New threads

Members online