Dm 24 Meter bridge hook up

Discussion in 'TASCAM DM-24' started by markojames2112, Mar 30, 2013.

1. markojames2112

markojames2112 New Member

Gear:
    Tascam dm24 and lots of stuff
    OK I just got a Tascam Dm24 off of Ebay as mine was not working well anymore and it has the meter bridge which I never had on my old one. I used the cable they sent me and hooked it up but it is not working, the board is in great shape and I have already tested everything and it is working very well but no meter bridge.
    so my question is do you need to set something in the board that I can not find ? I may go get a new cable in hopes that it is that simple other wise I will need to have the meter bridge checked out.
  2. Muziekschuur

Muziekschuur Member

Gear:
    Tascam DM24
    Could you post an image of the cable. As it is a special built cable... Maybe they send out the wrong cable.

First thing to do. Contact the seller...
  3. markojames2112

markojames2112 New Member

Gear:
    Tascam dm24 and lots of stuff
    Actually it started to work right when I started to record, very weird, I have used it three times now with out a problem, when I first hooked it up and put a tape in my Da 78 it did not show anything but right when I armed record it all popped on so for now I am good
  4. Muziekschuur

Muziekschuur Member

Gear:
    Tascam DM24
  5. Mark Gage

Mark Gage New Member

Gear:
    all tascam
    does anyone know why the meter bridge would have a blinking light that says locked? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, Mark
  6. Mark Gage

Mark Gage New Member

Gear:
    all tascam
    never mind…I got it. :)
  7. acoustimax

acoustimax New Member

Gear:
    dm24
    I have a similar problem. One day the Meter Bridge worked fine. I removed it because it stands too high for the little space I have.

I had used it for several months, no problem. But I stopped using it, and continued ot use the mixer for several months. After some time I decommissioned the mixer and later came to sell it.

I trested the mixer ready for sale, but on plugging in the Meter Bridge, it has stopped working, not a single light on it, the cable hasn't been changed, the Meter Bridge was simply put away in a box.

Is it the case that there is a software switch to turn the Meter Bridge off/on? Though I don't seem to think so from the little bit of literature that came with it. The Meter Bridge was tested on another mixer and it works! Any suggestions?