Zach L

Disabled (message a Moderator)
From
GB
Website
meettomy.site
Gear owned
miswege
can u show me a diagram for how to route motu 2408 mk3 to Tascam Dm 3200 with cuebase

Hi Zach, your question is a little vague if you want people to spend their valuable time to help you, you need to put a little more effort in. That being said please be more specific and explain what your connectivity is (i/o),what are you looking to do? what's the use case? What you've done, where your stopped etc. I'm assuming you're using the Motu because you don't have the
IF-FWDMMKII card for the DM correct? Cheers

Reactions: mixerizer
The IF-FWDMMKII card no longer works cause is not reconized and Ive tried everything I mean new drivers it says no cable were as it worked fine before

Is the FW card recognized in the mixer? hit ALT/ Digital on DM to pull up the screen post a screenshot

I never get the ànswer r the fix r where to get it please help Thx

Zach, need information from you to help you get your system working.

can you answer the questions above?

I’m back. Give me time to reacclimate myself with everything . I haven’t touched my gear in 4 years either.

Hello My Name is Zach

My Problem is My IFFWDMmk2 is no longer working it says the card is fine
but on the dm 3200 says no cable

Ive tryed new cable
reinstalling all kinds of IFFWDMmk2 drivers
reinstalling Win 764bit win 10 64bit
installing all kinds of 1394 legacy drivers

renistalling Tc companion

and still dm3200 says IFFWDMmk2 ok but no cable please HELP

Also my next go to is my MOTU 2408 mk3
I have 2 units and would like to use in place of the IFFWDMmk2
but routing is not going well can u help me rout motu mk3 with 32 channels in and out
like the the IFFWDMmk2 was doing i need the routing 123s/ABCs of how to do this step by step PLEASE THX

Hi Zach.

I have a Mac, not Windows. But I found some hints for you.

You need to read a few specific pages of the manual for the firewire mkII card, and then check the FireWire control panel in Windows.
https://manualsdump.com/en/manuals/tascam-if-dm-if-fw/151460/29

first - check page 29. Read about the IF-FW/DM MKII Control Panel For Windows:

The IF-FW/DM MKII Control Panel is found here: Start Menu > All Programs > TASCAM > IFFWDMmkII > IFFWDMmkII Control Panel, and it may also be displayed by calling up the ASIO control panel from within a DAW application.

Does the FireWire card appear there, on the Windows PC? Post a screenshot to help others if u need more assistance.

note that, from the manual, “No Cable” means the DM-3200/4800 can’t recognize a cable installed in the slot. That may be on the PC or the mixer side. But it’s a start to solving the problem!

also - please remember the port on the back of the 2408 is NOT FireWire, even though it looks like the one on the DM FireWire card. DO NOT connect the two!

Good luck, please do read the manual page I mentioned, check your Control Panel, and read more in the manual for how u might solve the “no cable” error.

If the IF FW card is showing Ok in the mixer with a "No Cable" message and you have tried other cables it's most likely an issue with something on the PC side you will need to troubleshoot by eliminating possible causes systematically. I would start with the easiest/cheapest ie: physically remove and uninstall and reinstall PCIe FW card I'd try a new pci slot as well to rule out an issue on the mobo don't do a bunch of things at once do them one at a time and record your findings or you'll never figure it out.

Re: the Motu routing I've put the link to the routing tech notes below not sure how you're connecting to the Motu from the DM ( as you didn't enlighten us as requested) but TDIF is the best way IMO which will give you a possible 24 ch i/o and you can keep everything in the digital domain which will avoid unnecessary D/A A/D conversion.
If you go with TDIF you'll need to sync the units via word clock using a word clock BNC cable with the Tascam set as timing master Motu as slave.
You can also use ADAT which can send word clock over the same cable but you will only have 8 channels i/o at 44 kHz 4 Ch at 48kHz https://tascam.com/content/downloads/products/33/dm3200_tn_routing.pdf

New threads

Members online

No members online now.