DM-4800 stuck on Tascam blue screen, won't boot up

pruner1

Gear owned
DM-4800
Yesterday, unfortunately the power went out for a few hours when I was not home. The Dm-4800 was powered on. When I got home, the mixer was only showing a blank blue screen. No lights anywhere. Faders will not move. Can not select anything. I powered it down and when I turn it on it is stuck on the blue tascam startup screen and goes no further. I tried this a few times and let it sit off for a few hours and tried again with the same results. I tried to do a hard reset by holding down shift + 1 + 2 while powering on. It does the same thing and gets stuck on the startup screen that says tascam with the music notes. It won't let me into the reset menu. I have no idea what is wrong. At this point I'm wondering if something is fried. Where do you get the internal boards if it is one of those?

Has anyone encountered this type of issue before? The mixer was bought new in 2009.

Thanks,
Josh

If you happened to have your console powered through a monster power conditioner or something similar, although they won't work on a lightning strike, they do have an insurance policy that covers you for damage of anything attached to it.

Worth a shot.

Still haven't fixed it. I am trying to update the firmware because when I power on the mixer it either goes to a blank blue screen or the system update in progress screen. I hooked up my laptop and tried an update to 1.70 firmware. The mixer screen shows the firmware loading and installing, but at the end of the update when the mixer restarts it goes back to the system update screen or a blank blue screen or striped blue screen. When I try to reinstall the firmware again, it shows the current version as 1.70, but still no boot up, and then another repeat of the update or blue screen.

Again, I can't get to the mixer itself because it never fully boots, so my only connection is through the laptop.

Any ideas? What hardware failure could cause this?

thanks,
Josh

"What hardware failure could cause this?"

I'm afraid that question's probably been answered: likely a fried C-board.

At this point, if you want to use your mixer, you'll have to get it repaired - or at least - diagnosed. If you live within driving distance of an authorized Tascam facility, you're in luck. If not, you'll need to gather up suitable packing materials and send the mixer out.

Sorry, I know this a troublesome situation, but what other options do you have?

CaptDan

"What hardware failure could cause this?"

I'm afraid that question's probably been answered: likely a fried C-board.

At this point, if you want to use your mixer, you'll have to get it repaired - or at least - diagnosed. If you live within driving distance of an authorized Tascam facility, you're in luck. If not, you'll need to gather up suitable packing materials and send the mixer out.

Sorry, I know this a troublesome situation, but what other options do you have?

CaptDan

Thanks. Which one is the c board? I have the mixer open so I can see inside.

'Cboard' is my shorthand for Circuit Board. I've never had my mixer opened, so I'm not familiar with the layout, nor can I point you to what - if any - board or component, might be bad in your 4800.

If you're familiar with solid state trouble shooting and repair, then maybe this is a DIY (do-it-yourself) project. If not, then you really should seek out competent help.

CaptDan

Hi all, I have a DM4800 which is having the same case. Do not want to startup, display out tascam image but system not immediately active. Is there a solution already? or can anyone help me?IMG-20170507-WA0008.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20170507-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20170507-WA0008.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 4
@Sasongko Have you tried booting up the console in diagnostics mode?

Reactions: Sasongko
I've tried it and there is no reaction at all, Disorders that occur because he can not get into the system boot up, the processor has not worked so we can not do diagnostics mode. Thanks any other suggestions?

Like the original poster, this appears to be a hardware failure. More than likely will require Tascam servicing.

Wow hard for me ... this device has not been there 2 years I bought from store. Well I will ask first to his shop. Because as far as I know TASCAM service has not been in my country. Thank you @cmaffia

New threads

Members online

No members online now.