DM-4800 with two firewire interfaces ?!

wizzywizz

Gear owned
DM4800 and DM-24 and US-1641
You what would be cool?! Getting two firewire cards to work in one DM-4800 to a DAW. 64 channels to and from your DAW.. That would be awesome! But I read somewhere the drivers/ ASIO will not support this.

Can't stop a man from dreaming ! ;-)

Kind regards,

WizzyWizz

ASIO does support this, if driver supports it. But DM doesn't support 2 FW cards and (if I'm not mistaken) IF-FW/DM driver doesn't support it either.

Jarno said:
ASIO does support this, if driver supports it. But DM doesn't support 2 FW cards and (if I'm not mistaken) IF-FW/DM driver doesn't support it either.

Hi Jarno!

I read somewhere that the dm4800 does support it, but the driver doesn't support it (yet??). Good to know that the asio standard does support it though! Gives me some hope ;-)

Greetz,

WizzyWizz

I think Redbuss said once that you could use two cards - but you have to use two separate computers, one on each card! A more flexible driver, that would play well with other devices so you could make an aggregate device on a Mac would be a great thing, but I think Tascam is done writing drivers for the DM4800 at this point.

New threads

Members online