Dm3200 boot order

Beermusic

Gear owned
TASCAM DM3200
Newbiw DM3200 user just wondering if it’s necessary to shutdown Mac after every session as I am finding that the DM3200 Mackie setup with Logic doesn’t work properly as Midi inputs disappear. In other words, if I power down the Tascam after session and close Logic, but without shutting down the Mac, the next time I boot up the mixer it doesn’t interface correctly if I reopen Logic. Is there a workaround for this or does the DM always need to be booted up before the Mac?

Welcome to the board, Beermusic!
I am not exactly a MAC expert (i never touched one :) ), but I can tell that even for PC users some have issues depending on their boot order.

Anyway, I would always recommend to boot up your Tascam last in line. Why? Modern CPUs are ever so fast, sometimes a process for USB-ports is skipped. If your system is running, usually all the important drivers are loaded - if you now connect a device or boot a device per USB chances are, that a mount process is re-initiated and everythin will run fine. At least, this always worked for me:
- PC (until my desktop appears)
- Tascam

Despite this, other people had other results with other booting orders. It depends greatly on your system, ports, mainboard...

Interestingly
if I power down the Tascam after session and close Logic, but without shutting down the Mac, the next time I boot up the mixer it doesn’t interface correctly if I reopen Logic
this is contrary to my advice. You see, there are some grave differences.

Is Logic the only app using contact with the DM?
Some years back, I had a similar problem with Samplitude. Samplitude wouldn't find my DM, but Reason 8 did. Since Win10 I did not encounter any problems of this kind anymore - but since you're on Mac, that's a different story.

Thanks for this. I can’t see why this should happen as didn’t happen with previous FireWire connected mixer. It’s the DAW control and MIDI that disappears ie the mackie protocol (so audio inputs etc show up and are usable in Logic) unless I reboot the Mac. Just thoughts others may have experienced it and found a solution..

New threads

Members online

No members online now.