dm3200 contolling more than 16 tracks

Gregor24

Gear owned
DM 3200
I just bought a Dm 3200 and trying my hardest to try and figure this out on my own with the manual/user forums. I've done searches but I'm not sure if I've got the right information. The search function on this particular forum usually brings up nothing. I'm not sure if it's broken or not.

Can I set it up so it can control my sonar x2 software with more than 16 tracks. For example I have a song that has 32 tracks. Can I set the 3200 up so that I can just switch the layer button and bang the next bank/layer of faders can control the faders from track 17 and above in Sonar? Hope that makes sense. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Short answer - yes you can. If you've set up your HUI options correctly - in the DM and in Sonar (which I don't use and am unfamiliar with) - you can scroll through the fader banks using the DM's 'bank keys.' Some DAWs (like ProTools) require that the DM's Control button be pushed as well.

Bottom line - if you have 4, 8, 32, 48, 56, or whatever tracks in Sonar - the DM can scroll through each bank in sync, with the 'scribble scripts' showing in the Remote Screen.

CaptDan

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it! Is User Defined Layers the same thing you are talking about or is that completely different?

Is there any where I can look online or in the manual with more detailed information on doing this?

New threads

Members online

No members online now.