DM4800 UDL video Pt. II

jamsire

Soundaholic
Gear owned
DM4800 388-8 22-2
Hello all.

Because of the interest in how I do this to my advantage - I will take the time to make this video for everyone. The video will include (for my own memory!):

1. Using the UDL with the physical midi ports in the console one the FW card and NOT the USB for fader control.

2. Using the often OVERLOOKED console automation IN TANDEM with the software automation. I.E. - having automation in two places. This will be in Cubase 6 and Ableton Live 8.xx. PT11 screen faders won't move unless I'm in the Remote Layer.

3. Setting up the Machine Control screen.

4. My custom routing and snapshot setups - very essential tor everyone, but fully under utilized IMHO.

5. How I route my signals with my analog cards.

6. Me playing silly geetar music.

All of you guys have been very kind and extremely friendly to me over the years and I sincerely appreciate it. SO I want to start contributing again to get people to start making their music HOT again!

I'll certainly keep you posted.

Excellent, Ernie! Besides the UDL, I think this topic will be especially helpful too:

" Using the often OVERLOOKED console automation IN TANDEM with the software automation. I.E. - having automation in two places..."

I'm a 'two-auto' kinda guy, and believe other DM users would benefit from having greater understanding of that level of mixing power.

Look forward to this!

CaptDan

YAY!!

New threads

Members online

No members online now.