DP-008 Device Error [1]

bko376

After years of faithful service, I get this error on startup. Have tried: changing sd cards, using batteries/ power cable.

I would like to try a factory reset, but I cannot find information about how to do this. The manual online does not have "Device Error [1]" or factory reset.

update: no more error messsage. Just a blank screen while I hold the power button

Welcome to forum.
Page 67 in the manual shows a "restore initial preferences" option, so that looks the closest to a factory reset.
If this doesn't work, try re-installing the firmware. I presume you're using the latest, but it's worth a shot in case it's become corrupted. This link shows how to do it.
Good luck, and please follow up with the results - good or bad.
Update: Just found a list of "system error codes" (albeit for the DP-008EX), and system error 1 says:
"CPU access error. The firmware may be defective.", so the above advice is certainly worth trying, assuming you can get it powered up and connected to a computer.

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply! Unfortunately, I can't seem to do either of those things without powering on.

New threads

Members online