DP-008EX export does not export latest master

psi-decay

Gear owned
dp-008ex
I mixed down a song and mastered it, then exported it to my computer. A couple days later I remixed it and mastered it again, but when I export it to my computer only the original (earlier) master wav file is there, not the latest master wav file. I tried mixing and mastering it a third time but it still only exports the first master I made, which shouldn't even exist anymore. Any idea what's going on?

So... next time I hooked it up to the computer I had an idea. I'll delete the wav file in the tascam folder, then remix and master it, and hopefully the new mastered wav file will be there when I hook it back up to the computer. But now there is NOTHING. Remixed and mastered again. still nothing. This sucks.

OK, I figured it out. Thanks K SandbergFL for your Youtube video.

Please post the video (the share link) and also anything useful that might help the next person out. Thanks!

Reading what seems to happen here I will ask the same questions again, slightly modified for my clarification.
Be aware of the process of mastertrack creation (for all DP devices) which consists of the following steps:

a) Mixdown: This is the only function which creates (and overwrites) the internal mastertrack into the song assigned MTR partition
!!! Hidden mastertrack: The 2-input-only-devices (like the DP-008EX) keep the the actual mastertrack - as well as all the single song tracks and configuration details - hidden into the MTR song partitions. No access to that content from a computer is possible!

b) Mastering: This is not a mandatory step but can be used to apply the onboard EQ and compression FX to the mastertrack (will be overwritten on the fly)

c) Export master: To see/access the result of a mixdown and/or mastering you have to use this function to create a new wave-file in the FAT partition WAVE folder. Without this last step you will not have access to the latest iteration of a+b

As I see the OP figured it finally out, but in the end, most of this inquiries here revert back to the understanding and strictly following the sequence a (+b) +c. This explanation will be part of the ongoing documentation for pocketstudios I'm working on.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.